“The devil’s in the details.” Too often we have conversations with property owners and managers who tell us how the snow services they receive were not what they expected. Could this frustration have been avoided?
Unfortunately, their RFP process didn’t dig deep enough to reveal the details of what they expected. After 20 years in the snow industry, one thing we know to be true: The more thought and detail you provide upfront, the less you will stress when it snows.
What details should be discussed? Here are just a few:
- What are the priority areas to be serviced?
- When are your shift changes or delivery times?
- When do you expect servicing to begin? First Flake? One inch? Two inches?
- Do you expect any ani-icing services before snow and ice events?
- What level of service do you expect: low, moderate, or high level of service? What does each level mean to you?
- What is an acceptable accumulation of snow during an ongoing event? During a blizzard?
- Where can and can’t the snow be piled? Will you need parking stalls cleared?
- Does the snow need to be “stacked” off the pavement?
- Under heavy snow accumulation, do you need snow relocation or removal?
You should have confidence that your snow professional will understand your expectations. This is the benefit of working with a snow only company, like Sauers. We are singularly focused on snow, which allows us to give 100% to our craft and our clients. This attention to detail is how we take the worry out of winter. If you want to experience this kind of service, contact us today.